Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 8 - The Frantic Push for Food

We (meaning The Help Our Homeless Vets and Citizens organization) are extremely low on food.  As in completely out except some applesauce.  Since applesauce and bottles of water will probably not sustain anyone for a week, so the pressure is on to stock on some serious food.  So here is what I've done so far (I'm posting this tonight just in case anyone wants to hit Publix tomorrow before the new sale comes out.

40 Nissan Cup Soups - My Cost $6.00, Price $16.00 (used 10 of the $1/4 Nissan soups - I had ordered more but I cleaned the store out so I will have to go to another Publix across town)

10 Campbell's Soups - My Cost $4.80, Price $10.00 (used 2 of $1/5 Campbell's Condensed Soup Publix coupon from Discover Great Recipes Flyer AND 1 $.40/4 Campbell's Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup from 9/8 SS insert AND 3 of the $.40/2 Campbell's condensed soup from 9/8 SS insert).

10 Nutrish Dog Food - My Cost (-$5.00), Cost 19.90 (used $2.50/1 Rachel Ray Nutrish)

That puts me right at my budget for the week, and I'm flat out of money making coupons like the Nutrish, but since we are so low I'm going to go ahead and at least get another 10 soups.  I'm hoping that we will get some donations because it's going to be tough not to have enough food on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment