Saturday, August 10, 2013

Week 1

School is about to start, and the babies are starting preschool this year.  Imagine the shopping that can be done kid free!!!!  No more "Mommy I need to go potty." or "Mommy I'm hungry." No loading and unloading 3 kids from the car - I'm not entirely sure I'm going to know what to do with myself!

I know it is strange to start a venture of this sort at the beginning of August, but I am inspired by this idea and want to get it started!  This week Kroger has a Mega Savings event, and I totally jumped the gun because I was so excited about the LOAD I was going to get for less than $5.  Unfortunately, they were out of everything I wanted, so below is my not so productive first attempt.  Oh well, this is going to be a work in progress I'm sure.


1 Betty Crocker Ultimate Potatoes - Cost .25, Sale price $1.00 (used .75/1 BC Ultimate Pot or HH)
2 Barilla Plus Spaghetti - My Cost $1, Sale price 10/$10 (used $1 off 2 Kroger digital coupon)
2 Velveeta Cheesy Skillet - My Cost $2.79 for 2, Sale $3.79 BOGO (used $1/2 Kraft skillet meals)
1 BC Ultimate Hamburger Helper - My Cost $1.75, Sale $2.50 (used .75/1 BC Ultimate Pot or HH)

I was actually going to get 6 of the Potatoes for $.25 and some Barilla microwave bowls, but they were out and it really messed up my trip!  Oh well, next week I start sooner and will be adding other stores.  One more week until school starts and the real savings begin!

Running Tally - Week 1

My Cost:  $5.79
Products:  $9.29

I'm really going to have to step up my game to reach my goal!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment