Friday, June 20, 2014

Week 46 - My Insane Shops at CVS this Week

I've toyed with this Ban cooling cloths deal all month long and debated whether or not I was going to do it because we did not receive that awesome Ban coupon in our region.  Our homeless friends need wipes right now, so I liked that part, but these are expensive!  I finally bit the bullet though and just did it because it meant I would be able to buy all the little shampoos and such that were on clearance.  I don't know if this was the smartest way to spend the money, but I'm all out of coupons for deodorant and such to pick up at Kroger (see those shops HERE and HERE).  Keep in mind that the only way that this worked out this way is that I do have an employee discount, and it is multiple, multiple transactions (luckily I work with these folks and they knew what I was doing!)  Keep in mind also that I started out this week with $2 ECB.

Hold on to your hat for this one guys:

Transaction 1:
2 Right Guard Xtreme Deo - $2/6, but receive $2 ECB wyb 2.
4 Men's Deo - $10/10. (CVS actually has an awesome $10/10 section - you should check it out!)
I used 2 of the $2/1 Right Guard Xtreme from 6/15 RP insert.
I used $2/$10 Deodorant purchase CVS coupon from the bottom of my previous receipt.
I used $2 ECB from last week.
My total at the register was $2, but I received $2 ECB.

Transaction 2:  (This is the only part for my household)
2 Colgate Toothbrushes - $2.99, but receive $2 ECB wyb 1.
I used 2 of the $1/1 Colgate 360 or Slim Toothbrushes from 6/1 SS insert.
I used $1/5 Toothbrush or Toothpaste CVS coupon from bottom of my receipt.
I used $2 ECB from Transaction 1.
My total at the register was $.98, but I received $4 ECB.

Transactions 3-5:
2 Ban Cooling Clothes - $3.49 each, but receive $4 ECB wyb 2.
My employee discount applied, deducting $.70 each, or $1.40 for both.
I used $4 ECB.
My total was $1.58, but received $4 ECB, for each transaction.

Transaction 6:
2 Charmin Basic Rolls - $1.57 each.
8 Clear Shampoo - $.62 each, or $4.96 total (clearance price).
7 Garnier Fructis - $.37 each, or $2.59 total (clearance price).
I used $3/2 Charmin CVS coupon from Red Coupon Machine.
I used $4 ECB from transaction 5.
My employee discount applied to the Charmin deducting $.62.
My total was $3.07, but I'm left with no ECB.

My total out of pocket for the homeless was $9.81, but I saved $70.98.  So this is my final $10 donation spent and will not count towards my personal totals.  I still don't know if this was a great shop, but it's done now!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment