Friday, February 7, 2014

CVS trip - I spent too much!!!

I hesitated to do this trip all week.  I am running low on ECBs and my actual out of pocket was going to be too much.  When I buy laundry detergent I usually try to stay around $1.25 tops.  Yes, I'm an ALL kind of gal, but as any coupon-er knows, you cannot be brand specific.  BUT, with the babies still not quite potty trained at night, I was in dire need of more detergent.  Here's the breakdown:

4 ALL Detergent - Sales Price $3.99, receive 1 ECB, limit 3.  My Price $7.96 for all 4.  Used 1 $3/2 ALL and 2 $1/1 ALL.

1 Glade Sense and Spray - Sales Price $5.00.  Used $3/1 Glade Sense and Spray.

1 Jelly Bean - Price $.99.  No coupons used.  Yes the twins were with me!!

At the register I used 4 ECB, leaving my total $9.95, or $11.71 after tax, receiving 3 ECB back.  That is sooo much out of my $40/week for groceries!  BUT, I did receive $5.00 in my Savingstar account for the ALL and $3.00 in my Checkout 51 account for the Glade.  If you look at it that way, I truly only spent $.71.  Personally, I don't look at it that way.  $11.71 came out of my account, and the other money does not go directly back in to offset the spend.  When I receive that money back in my account it will be like a little bonus.

Anyone else think like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment