Thursday, March 6, 2014

I'm So Excited!!!

Thanks to a donation to the organization AND websites like IHeartPublix.com, for the early information, my fellow coupon-er Russell and I were able to put together an awesome treat for our homeless friends this weekend.  We actually get to hand out a full size peanut butter, tuna salad and bread and jelly!!!!  I'm super excited because this is definitely not something that I could pull off on my own budget, and it will provide multiple meals throughout the week for our homeless friends- WOOHOO!!!

This is just the portion that I bought:
At Publix:
22 Planters Peanut Butter - Sales Price 2/$4.  I paid $1.50 each.  Used 11 of my $1/2 Planters nuts or peanut butter from 1/26 SS insert.

16 Starkist Tuna Salad Pouches - Sales Price $10/10.  I paid as little as $.23 each for 4, and then the remaining 12 I paid $.50 each.  Used 8 of the $1/2 Starkist Target coupons AND 2 of the $.55/2 Starkist printable (NLA).

So between this, Russell's portion and a few extra peanut butters I was able to pick up for my personal donation, our homeless friends will have a slightly easier week!

****I did contact the store manager to let them know we would be purchasing such a large amount.  He ordered a couple extra cases so they wouldn't run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment