Friday, March 28, 2014

Week 34 - My Weekly Shop

It's Spring Break week and I've had a difficult time shopping with my girls.  I never had an issue shopping with them when they were babies - I literally had my double stroller, a back carrier for my oldest and I dragged a cart behind.  Now that they can walk and get in and out of the car on their own you would think it would be easier.  It is NOT.  They NEED things.  They WANT things.  And they are BUSY.  I can't say I blame them.  It is Spring Break after all - they know this is our special time.  That being said, I do not consider this a very successful shop - none of the money-makers I had planned worked out, I didn't have a clear cut plan for the homeless, etc.  I did notice quite a few different regional prices on BOGO's that are awesome, so I will definitely be going back for this ad.  Here's the breakdown:

1 Publix Ground Pork - $1.82.  No coupons used.

4 Quaker Oatmeal - $2.98 BOGO, or $5.96 for all 4.  No coupons used.  These are for the homeless.

2 Purex - $6.99 BOGO.  I paid $3.99 for both.  Used 2 of the $1.50/1 Purex No Sort from 3/16 RP insert. Two things on this: 1.  This is for the 100oz.  My price point is $1.50 or less for 50oz, so $2 each was a good price.  2.  This is eligible for the Upromise or SavingStar $5 rebate wyb $20 worth of product.

3 HP Aloha Morning - 2/$4!  I paid $1.00 for all 3.  Used 3 of the $1/1 HP Aloha Morning from 3/16 SS AND 1 B2G1 HP Publix coupon from green "Healthy Savings" flyer.  Note - these are not 3/$7 in my store!!!

1 Disney Gummy Vites - $4.50.  I paid $2.50.  Used $2/1 Disney Vitamins Kroger mailer coupon.

1 Publix Bread Crumbs - $1.49.  No coupons used.

1 10lb Publix Sugar - $4.99.  No coupons used.

2 Snausages - $2.99 BOGO.  I paid $.99 for both.  Used 2 of the $1/1 Snausages Publix printable coupons. I had hoped to find peelies to makes these a MM, but it did not work out!

1 Beyond Meat Chicken Strips - $5.49.  I paid FREE.  Used 1 FREE PRODUCT  printable coupon.  I also received $1 rebate from IBOTTA.

2 Hillshire Farm Link Sausage - $6.98 ($3.69 and $3.29).  I paid $4.48 for both.  Used 2 of the $.75/1 Hillshire Farm printable (no longer available?) AND $1/2 Hillshire Farm Publix coupon from green "Healthy Savings" flyer.

1 Dove Deodorant - $2.63 BOGO!!!  I paid $.32.  Used $1/1 Dove Deodorant Target printable coupon.

My total was $27.54, saving $39.71.  Not at all an awesome shop AND I need to pick up more stuff for the homeless.  My kids will love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment