Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tuesday Freebies at Publix...of course!

I really wasn't going to run into Publix again for the Viva Italia sale, but so many awesome printable coupons popped up for freebies I just HAD to go.  Not really, but since I do pass the Publix at least twice a day it's really not that difficult!  Here's how it went down:

2 GM Cinnamon Toast Crunch - BOGO $3.59.  I paid $.84 for both.  I used 2 of the $.50/1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch printables (which doubled to $1) AND $.75/2 General Mills cereal Target printable coupon.

2 Zatarain Rice Mix - 10/$10.  They were FREE!  Used 2 of the $.50/1 Zatarain printable (which doubled to $1).  Use zip 01844.

4 Hunts Diced Tomato - $1.19 BOGO.  I paid $1.38 for all 4.  Used $1/4 Hunts Diced Tomato Publix Viva Italia hang tag.

2 Progresso Soup - $1.95 BOGO.  They were a $.05 MM!  Used 2 of the $1/1 Progresso soup printable.  Use zip 77477.

2 Progresso Recipe Starters - 2/$3.  They were FREE!  Used $1/2 Progresso Recipe Starters Publix Best Meals emailed coupon AND 2 of the $.50/1 Progresso Recipe Starters printable which doubled to $1.  I was super excited to see the Creamy Parmesan Basil one - more on that below....

1 Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast - $2.39 BOGO.  I paid $.20.  Used 1 $.50/1 Pepperidge Farm frozen rolls or bread printable (which doubled to $1).

My total was $2.87 before tax (I got back in the car and realized that one of the vendor coupons for $.50 did not multiply), saving $23.48.

******I use the Fire-Roasted Tomato Recipe Starters all the time as pizza sauce.  I mean what is the point of picking up free stuff if you can't use it?  BUT, I will never buy this Creamy Parmesan Basil one again!  I made a super quick pasta with chicken and the Bird's Eye Broccoli Stir Fry, and used this stuff as the sauce.  OMG - there is so much basil in this it is almost inedible!  I had even thinned out the sauce with pasta water!  At the end of the day, I made it work with lots of greek yogurt and a pad a butter, but NEVER, NEVER picking this up again!!!!  I think I'm still breathing the basil taste and we had that 2 nights ago.  Yuck.  And I like basil!

No comments:

Post a Comment