Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Years Eve!!!

I have to confess that I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed last week and decided to take it totally off.  I didn't buy for the homeless and I wasn't able to hand out food last Saturday because of our family Christmas celebration.  But I'm Back Jack!!!  I hit the gate running for Week 21....super excited to get out there with my new budget....only to realize that the sales/coupon match ups are horrible this week! That being said, it's only Tuesday and I've already been able to pick up quite a few things...combine that with all the super clearance items in the stores right now and I'm hoping that I'll be able to rack up for our homeless friends.  Here are a couple of the transactions I've done this week:

Walgreens:
2 Almay Mascara - Sale Price $7.99 and $3.89 (B1G1 50% off), My Price $2.88 for Both!  Used 1 $5/2 Almay printable (coupons.com) AND $2/1 Almay from Walgreens January savings booklet.  These are obviously for me and I could have probably scored a money-maker with all the clearance items, but I left my purse out in the cold with my mascara in it and it died.  All the way dead.
4 Chap-Aid - Sales Price 2/$2, BUT they rang up BIGI 50% off??? My Price $.98 for all 4.  I used the $.49 Walgreens coupon from the ad, limit 4.

Kroger:
4 BIC disposable razors - Sales Price $2.49 each, My Price $1.96 for all 4.  Used 4 $2/1 BIC disposable manufacturer coupon.
4 Gillette Deodorant - Sales Price $1.37 each (with Mega event), My Price $1.48.  Used $1/1 Gillette deodorant or body wash printable from coupons.com.

Publix:
10 Green Giant Veggie Chips - Sales Price $2.49 BOGO (for 2).  My Price $2.45 for all 10.  Used 10 $1/1 Green Giant Veggie Chips Publix coupons from All the Trimmings.

So, I'm already at close to $6 and normally I would be freaking out because I don't have a lot of food (not that veggie chips aren't food but seriously?) BUT don't forget my budget has expanded!!!  Wednesday the new Publix ad comes out and Progresso soup is going to be around $.74 with coupons and the BOGO sale so that is what I will be focusing on.  Happy New Year everyone and Happy Shopping!!!!  ****Update- Progresso is actually $.49/can with the $.50/2 Progresso coupons.

As always, a huge thanks to the folks over at couponaholic.net and iheartpublix.com for all the heads up.  I couldn't do what I do without their help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment