Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 26 - Publix Trip for Grateful Life Church

First of all, today starts the beginning of an extreme cold snap here in Huntsville.  Since the city hasn't opened a warming station at all, some of the local churches are opening their doors to the homeless and their pets!  One of these churches is Grateful Life Community Church which we visited on our Saturday route.  Since they have so graciously taken in our homeless friends, a few of us are trying to provide some of the extra food items they will need over the next few days.

Secondly, I have to say that I'm kicking myself over and over about this trip.  I was totally rushed and forgot to split it up into 2 groups of $50.00 so I could used 2 of my $5/$50 Star Market coupons, which would have made my total MUCH smaller.  That's what I get for running around trying to finish everything while the babies are in preschool!  Here's what I bought:


20 Naturally Fresh salad dressing - Sales Price 3.69 BOGO or 36.90 for all 20.  My Price $-8.10 MM!  Used 10 $2.50/2 Naturally Fresh dressings from 1/26 RP insert AND 20 $1/1 Naturally Fresh Publix coupon from Game Day Favorites.
-NOTE - I did not clear the shelves or take all of one kind. That is RUDE!!!! There were 26 jars left after I took mine. Also I believe that the homeless will enjoy a little variety!!!!

10 Publix Bread - Sales Price $1.39.  My Price $13.90.  No coupons used.

2 2lb Mahatma Rice  - Sales Price $2.49 each.  My Price $1.49 each.  Used $.50/1 Mahatma Rice from 1/26 RP.  (Obviously if I had bought the smaller bags for $1.00 they would have been free.  I did so yesterday for my family, but I don't usually post all of my shopping trips!)

2 Emergen-C - Sales Price $3.99 each.  My Price $-.02 MM.  Used $5/2 Caltrate, Centrum or Emergen-C Publix pharmacy booklet coupon AND 2 $1.50/1 Emergen-C from 1/12 RP insert.

I only used 1 $5/$50 coupon leaving my total $3.76 before tax, saving $96.80.

I do not have the normal pictures because I took everything straight to the church in order to be back in time to pick up the babies.  Surprisingly, when I got there they wanted ALL of the salad dressing with everything else, so that worked out perfectly.  Again, wonderful, beautiful people opening up their doors for our homeless friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment